Have you ever heard of Better'n Peanut Butter? It's this crazy stuff made from defatted peanut flour and it has half the calories of regular PB and only 2 grams of fat per 2 Tbs serving! I know seriously, how do they do that!?


I read about this stuff a long time ago and wanted to give it a try (it can be hard to find, I got mine at Trader Joe's). It definitely doesn't taste exactly like PB. It has a PB-y flavor to it, but something is a little off. John can eat it straight up no problem, not me, I tend to like it baked or mixed in with things. Hence the cookies I made :)



These are basically a low calorie/ low fat cookie to fulfill your PB and chocolate cravings :) John and I both give them a thumbs up for sure :)

Better'n Peanut Butter Chocolate cookies
(I was just experimenting with these so this recipe only makes 12 cookies, next time I'll double the recipe)
1 egg
1/2 cup splenda granulated (or 1/2 cup white sugar)
1 Tbs brown sugar
1/2 cup Better'n Peanut Butter
2 Tbs cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup whole wheat flour

Beat eggs, sugar, and peanut butter in a bowl until combined. Stir in flour cocoa, and baking powder. (FYI, the dough is really thick and sticky) Drop heaping Tbs of dough onto a silicon baking mat, press cookies a little flat. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes.

Chow!