I like to think I'm tall.

I'm 5'4" actually probably 5' 3 3/4" but lets just round up shall we? My hair is up today anyway!

Now to some, like 99% of the women in my family, that's totally tall. To the rest of the world... that's pretty short. Just the other day my coworker was standing next to me (me in my oh so comfy flats, her in crazy tall stilettos) oh and did I mention she's like 5' 10" to boot? anyway I get sidetracked... she looks over (I mean down) at me and is like MAN you're short today HAHAHAHAHA. There are good points to being short though!! Whenever I go for a hike with my friend Matt (who is like 6'3" or something crazy like that) I always have a safe travel down the trail... while he is constantly running into low hanging branches, HA take that tall Matthew! :D

What does this have to do with chow you ask? Why because we are making strawberry SHORTcakes??? get it???

*crickets chirping*

Ok fine fine, I thougth it was funny...

Well then, here's the recipe. My roomie made these the other night and they were super tasty! Thanks Steph!! (yes for those of you who didn't know my house mate's name is also steph...)


Classic Strawberry Shortcakes
recipe slightly adapted from Betty Crocker

2 1/3 cups Original Bisquick mix
.5 cup milk
1.5 tablespoons splenda blend (or use 3 Tbs sugar)
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
Sweetened sliced strawberries
Vanilla ice cream

1. Heat oven to 425°F.
2. Stir Bisquick mix, milk, sugar and butter until soft dough forms. Drop by 6 spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Split warm shortcakes; fill and top with strawberries and whipped topping. (Sweeten strawberries before making shortcakes so sugar has time to dissolve; for each quart of sliced strawberries, stir in 1/2 cup sugar.)
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 450°F. Decrease sugar to 1 tablespoon.