So last night I was sitting around watching bad tv and learning to crochet when I thought to myself.... I could really go for a muffin right about now! I had traveled home to NJ last week and my mom gave me a slew of her recipes so I figured I'd give one a try :) These are super easy to make and don't take much time at all.

Lemon poppy seed muffins
1 3/4 cup flour

3 Tbs splenda baking mix

1 Tbs poppy seeds

2 tsp baking powder

1/8 tsp salt

1 cup skim milk

2 Tbs vegetable oil

1 Tbs grated lemon rind

2 Tbs fresh lemon juice

1 egg lightly beaten


- mix first 5 ingredients in a bowl and make a well in the center
- combine milk and next four ingredients and stir well
- add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened
- divide evenly among 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray
- bake at 400 for 25 minutes or til golden
- remove from pans immediately and let cool on a wire rack

And you are done and done! I may have eaten 3 last night... yum!