And no I'm not talking about my bottom... which if I'm not careful is going to get fluffy from all the tasty cookies I've been eating! I'm talking about fluffy pancakes! John was asking why the one recipe I use to make pancakes were kinda... how do I say... FLAT. So I decided to revamp the recipe and start from scratch. I was super happy with how these came out. They puffed up so nice and tasted delicious!


There is just something about hot pancakes covered in warm maple syrup... or in John's case sugar free syrup... or his other favorite yogurt... anyone else put yogurt on pancakes? It's surprisingly good haha. Although I'd take real maple syrup over it any day :)


Fluffy Whole Wheat Pancakes
3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 large egg
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 Tbs honey
1/4 tsp vanilla

WHISK dry ingredients together, in a separate bowl beat eggs and milk, stir in honey and vanilla. STIR dry slowly into wet until smooth.

POUR 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot griddle over medium heat. Once bubbles start forming flip pancakes and continue cooking. CHOW!