Awhile back I asked you all for your go to pad thai sauce recipe. A suggestion of the Vegan with a vengeance recipe was given... Well John and I gave it a try! It smelled NOTHING like any pad thai we've ever had, all we could smell was the hot chili sauce totally overpowering everything. I was less then enthusiastic to try it... with some hemming and hawing.. first bite... yum! It was pretty close to the real deal, excitedly we dug in... only to realize the more we ate, more sickeningly sweet the sauce became... The sauce calls for 6 Tbs of sugar... I was so set on following the recipe spot on even though it seemed like to much, DUMP it all went in... BAD IDEA. This sauce has promise... just a sweet promise. I'll definitely try it again, minus the sugar, and see how it tastes. I'll let you know how it goes!!!


Either way, it sure did look pretty :) And if anyone has another suggestion PLEASE PLEASE let me know!!!

PS tomorrow is John's birthday!! Happy Birthday sweets!! I'm sure I'll have a bunch of fun things posted next week that I made for his birthday weekend of chow!