Day 2.

We were home sick for New Year's Eve. Instead of feeling horribly sorry for ourselves, we bunkered down with a Victoria Mars dvd and ate New Years Food. Oh! And there was Boggle!

Try to contain your jealousy.

New Years Food is food that you are eating only because you know that you are going to start dieting and exercising the very next day.

We happened to have a jar of sundried tomatoes and a new block of cream cheese in the fridge. I thought to myself: "hey, I like sundried tomatoes. I like cream cheese," (I'm a big thinker). So I compiled the two into the very bestest dip ever.


I preheated our little 1.5 quart slow cooker that I scored for $4.95 at Walmart on Black Friday a few years ago.

I chopped up the jar of sundried tomatoes
the vitamix. not just for kick-ass margaritas

and plunked them on top of the cream cheese and kept it on high for 2 hours. After a quick stir, the dip was done.


It was amazing. Even better than you would imagine. I should patent this or something and sell it for bazillions.



We ate it with tortilla chips because we happen to be a gluten-free family, but I imagine it would taste amazing on some sourdough.

It was so good that when the kids asked "How long 'till New Years?" at 7:15, Adam and I both replied without thinking, "10 minutes," and set the clocks ahead.

Just so we could eat it all ourselves.